Full Service Strata Management
In today’s demanding society of ‘hurry and go’, instant information at your fingertips, and the convenience of having shopping delivered to your door in two days or less, it can be hard to balance work, life, and your strata. Sometimes you just need the peace of mind of knowing someone is handling it, and is there to help you, day or night. Let us be the resource you need to bring that balance to your strata corporation and your busy life.
Strata Property Management Long-Term Planning
One of the most important areas for a strata corporation to manage is the contingency reserve fund. With the recent requirement of depreciation reports, most strata corporations will have reports prepared by qualified persons, which are useful for helping strata lot owners understand the future cash flow needs of their strata corporation. We work with councils to determine what the future demands on the reserve fund may be.
Basic Operations - A brief outline of the regular activities
- Compilation of Monthly and Annual Financial Reports
- Collection of maintenance fees and special assessments, deposited into a separate trust account for your strata corporation
- Enforcement of by-laws as directed by the strata council
- On-Site inspections by your assigned Property Manager
- Arrange for inspections and/or repairs by qualified contractors
- Documentation of any problems that the manager has been made aware of; suggestions and recommendations that are appropriate
- Correspondence with the ownership, with a copy of every letter also sent to the Strata Council President
- Interpretation of the Strata Property Act and bylaws (as guidance only, we cannot provide legal advice)
- As directed by council, levy fines and liens against delinquent owners, in accordance with the by-laws; provide follow up correspondence and initial legal action as necessary
- Provide annual budget projections prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Attend Council, Annual General and Special General Meetings, to assist with procedures and record minutes
- Ensure payment of regular monthly maintenance fees and special levies as agreed upon by the ownership and/or Strata Council
- Maintain a list of owners, their contact numbers and emergency information
- Secure off-site backup for all accounting files
- Provide strata documentation as required by the Strata Property Act
- Emergency response services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including arranging for restoration services and any other contractors/trades people as required
- Receive, screen and approve all invoices for payment; pay all accounts on behalf of the Strata Corporation, and render monthly accounting to the Strata Council (Receipts and Disbursements), including a statement of Contingency Reserve funds - within twenty (20) days of month-end
- Maintain all books, records and files of the Strata Corporation as required by the Strata Property Act and the Real Estate Services Act
- Provide payroll accounting as necessary, including T-4 and T-4A summaries, Workers' Compensation Board forms, etc. on behalf of the Strata Corporation
- Render services in connection with the processing of strata lot sales, including Form F’s and B’s
We provide free seminars exclusively for our strata council members to keep them informed and educated on a variety of topics. We arrange for guest speakers to use our boardroom or for the council to attend the speaker’s business in the evenings to hear the seminars.
We work with an experienced, respected strata lawyer to ensure that building bylaws meet the current legislation, and strata’s are not put in a position where bylaws contradict legislation. We work with the lawyer to ensure that changing legislation are accommodated by bylaws that work for owners and councils, such as the new legislation surrounding smoking, cannabis, human rights, and other challenging issues.