South Island Property Management Ltd is looking for an accounts payable/receivable accounting assistant to work in our Accounting Department at our head office at 100-3581 Shelbourne Street. This is a part-time position in a fast-paced office. We are looking for someone with excellent organizational and communication skills, in addition to the qualifications listed below:
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 6 months-1year bookkeeping experience, preferably in accounts receivable and payable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Certificate or Diploma in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Experience working in a fast-paced office setting
Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Spectra accounting system
- Data entry skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts, notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Guarantee accuracy, consistency, and timely completion of accounts payable/accounts receivable process.
- Review, code, verify, enter, and process invoices daily.
- Responding quickly and efficiently to immediate issues as they are presented
- Ensure timely completion and maintenance of accounting data to meet reporting deadlines.
- Managing and filing of financial related documents.
- Completion of Work Safe BC filings Insurance Premium computation
- Non-Resident Tax Forms. NR4 and NR6 documents.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned by the Employee
- Part time position to start immediately
- Hours: 25 hours a week, Monday to Friday, Start and End time flexible
- Salary will commensurate with experience
Please send Cover Letter with Resume noting salary expectations. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.